Family Photo

Family Photo
Aloha

Monday, October 17, 2011

Hau'oli la hanau (happy birthday)

We had our first birthday celebration on the Big Island as Lance turned 34.  I had a great birthday filled with chocolate cake, aloha shirts, surfing (if you can call it that), phone calls from family, a new wedding ring, and some island brew.  All in all a great birthday!  The aftermath, however, has been painful and lingering...  The surfing left me wiped out, literally and figuratively; some muscles that I didn't even know I had are still sore and it has been 4 full days now.  I guess that's the price you pay as you endeavor to stay young in the face of growing older.  At least I can still eat the deliciously decadent cherry chocolate cake with chocolate sour cream frosting that Racheal made... mmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment